Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Line Cook job summary
Our Italian restaurant is looking to employ a professional and experienced Line Cook that will contribute to the preparation of food (chopping vegetables and processing meats, preparing sauces, etc)and setting up stations for menu items. Part of your daily duties will be helping the head chef and sous chef with food prepping and plating. Individuals with past experience in restaurant kitchen positions will be given priority over others. If you are an energetic, passionate, and self-motivated person with the ability to work at a fast-paced yet varied schedule, we would love to hear from you.
Line Cook responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Line Cook responsibilities
- Prepare basic food items e.g side vegetable, sauces, and purees
- Cook food in collaboration with other kitchen members
- Keep track of kitchen inventory and stock when necessary
- Ensure that food prep and cooking stations are safe and clean, as per state law and federal standards
- Make sure that food is delivered at the right temperature and on time
- Check the freshness and quality of our products and make replacements based on restaurant policies
Line Cook requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Line Cook requirements
- Culinary School Diploma preferred
- 2+ years of experience in past kitchen staff position
- Ability to work at fast-paced and varied schedule up to 8 hours per day)
- Knowledge of safety and good hygiene standards and practices
- Great level of professionalism
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 40 pounds when required