Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Lifeguard job summary
Our newly opened water park is looking to hire a qualified lifeguard to join our lifeguard team for the upcoming and busy summer season (1st of May till 30th of September). Your duties will involve overseeing the safety of swimmers in two primary pools that reach 3.5 meters in depth, carry out speedy rescue operations in case of emergency, provide first aid help, and keeping the environment of the two pools clean. Valid ARC certification is mandatory for this position. Candidates with prior experience in private pool or water-park settings are also preferred.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Lifeguard responsibilities
- Oversee the safety of swimmers in two primary connecting pools
- Supervise pool activities and identify any possible safety risks
- Carry out speedy rescue missions in case of emergency
- Provide emergency first aid to prevent danger or even death of the swimmer following an unfortunate incident
- Ensure the proper maintenance and cleanliness of the pool
- Train periodically new and less experienced staff and officer swimmers swimming lessons when requested
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Lifeguard requirements
- Valid (non-expired) ARC Certification
- 2+ experience in private pool or water park settings is preferred
- First Aid certification
- Excellent observation skills and speedy responses to emergency incidents
- Ability to work at a varied daily and weekend schedule
- Physically fit and healthy