Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Librarian job summary
Our college is seeking to employ a librarian that will help guide and support students and faculty members in research, references, and curriculum or course materials both online and offline. This position requires qualification/credentials in supporting any of these fields of study: marketing, media studies, global relationships, nursing, and civil engineering. Besides offering referencing support, the hired candidate will have to organize and lead initiatives to improve the function/services of our library. Fluency with MS Office and online database systems is paramount for this position. Individuals with past experience in college library services will also be prioritized.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Librarian responsibilities
- Select, fulfill, and categorize library resources eg books, journals, cd-roms
- Help students and faculty staff find and navigate through resources for their academic projects
- Keeps track of library's inventory and what resources get in and out
- Use digital technologies and databases to store library resources and other important data
- Ensure that library needs fulfill the requirements of students in a particular year or field of study e.g new students in civil engineering
- Manage library budget's and resources
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Librarian requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's in Library Science/Studies is preferred
- 3+ years of experience working in an Academic library
- Fluency in MS Office and digital database systems e.g MYSQL
- Excellent research and data organization skills
- Subject-specific knowledge in any of these study fields: marketing, media studies, civil engineering, and nursing/healthcare services
- Great presentation and verbal or written communication skills