Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Legal Secretary job summary
Our busy attorney firm is seeking to fulfill the position of Legal Secretary to help us with various office support and organization tasks such as handling legal correspondence and documents, typing, responding to emails and phone calls, welcoming visitors and clients, and overall collaboration with our attorney team. If you are an energetic individual with past experience in legal administrative support and willingness to work at a demanding and fast-paced schedule with respect to our client's and attorney's confidentiality, we would love to hear from you.
Legal Secretary responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Legal Secretary responsibilities
- Type legal documents and check for discrepancies or errors
- File, format, and keep legal documentation organized for future references
- Read, research and confirm correspondence to our attorney team
- Arrange court appearance dates, client appointments, and other vital meetings
- Documents and inserts attorney bills, prepares invoices, and documents office expenses
- Ensures that client and attorney data is kept confidential
Legal Secretary requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Legal Secretary requirements
- Associate's Degree in Legal Studies
- 2+ year working as a legal assistant, paralegal secretary or similar position
- Great MS Office Skills
- Ability to type at a rate of 60 words per minute with 98-100% accuracy
- Ability to effectively schedule ahead and prioritize important deadlines
- Professional communication skills and ability to keep discussions and info confidential