Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Law Clerk job summary
Our attorney firm is seeking to hire a young and passionate Law Clerk to join our team and help with our increasing clientele of prestigious companies and individuals. Part of your daily work duties will involve the assembly and categorization of legal documents, researching applicable laws, and keeping calendar dates e.g important court dates and events. If you are a law student intern or recent graduate with excellent academic performance and willingness to work with 5 other attorneys in a varied schedule, we would love to hear from you.
Law Clerk responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Law Clerk responsibilities
- Conduct research on law for each case and help the rest of Attorneys generate strong arguments
- Prepare legal drafts through the collection of information e.g legal forms, statements, documents, resoundings, appeals, etc
- Overview and translate legal documents of different kinds
- Set schedules for attorney firm appointments with clients and court meetings
- Ensures that client information stays confidential
- Helps attorney team in the preparation of opinions and briefs
Law Clerk requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Law Clerk requirements
- Current Law School Student or Recent Graduate
- At least 6 months of experience with E-Discovery program
- Great organization and document arrangement skills
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Willingness to carry out thorough legal research when requested
- Knowledge of Westlaw will be considered an advantage