Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Lab Technician job summary
Our environmental research agency is looking to employ a full-time Lab technician for a variety of laboratory tests, under the supervision of the Lab Manager. The hired candidate will have to conduct supporting tests and experiments of environmental substances and their effects on humans, animals and our ecological system. The data and results will have to be stored and compiled to a database and reported to lab supervisors. Individuals with a BS degree in biochemistry, environmental studies or similar field will be given priority over others.
Lab Technician responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Lab Technician responsibilities
- Carry out various tests and experiments, under the supervision of the Lab Manager
- Gather and prepare test samples before examination
- Record and analyse data and results in a computer database
- Report and discuss results with laboratory superiors
- Stay informed about new research and methods concerning environmental research
- Ensure lab conditions are safe and sanitized
Lab Technician requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Lab Technician requirements
- BS Degree in Biochemistry, Environmental research, or similar field
- 3+ years of prior working experience in lab positions is preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under limited supervision
- Ability to respond to emergency tests and checks when asked
- Great attention to detail
- Stellar analytical skills