Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Janitor job summary
Our private school is looking to hire an experienced Janitor that will join the rest of our cleaning team to cover a wide range of cleaning projects within the building. Regular duties involve routine cleaning and sanitizing of classes, offices, toilets, supporting rooms and external spaces. If you are an energetic individual with the ability to adapt to a varied schedule and workload, we will happy to hear from you. We officer to the hired candidate a competitive compensation and full-time benefits as well as bonuses for great performance.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Janitor responsibilities
- Carry out general cleaning tasks within the building/offices as required
- Contribute to the cleaning of external spaces e.g garden, playgrounds and parking lots
- Get rid of garbage and recycle materials in their respective bins and spots
- Respond to emergency cleaning requests in a timely fashion
- Report any shortage of cleaning tools and products to school's administration and purchase new products when required
- Troubleshoot and report problems with lighting, blockages, or internal temperature control when needed
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Janitor requirements
- High School diploma or GED (mandatory)
- 2+ Years of experience working as a Janitor or similar position
- Ability to work at peak performance under minor supervision
- Great attention to details
- Ability to work in varied early day or late afternoon shifts
- Ability to lift heavy objects e.g up to 25 pounds when necessary