Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Customer Service Associate job summary
An established department store is seeking a customer service associate to join the sales team. You will be the first point of contact with customers as they enter the store and thus must be prepared to deliver an excellent shopping experience. You will answer questions, locate items, process sales transactions and more. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience in customer facing roles is strongly preferred.
Customer Service Associate responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Customer Service Associate responsibilities
- Greet each customer as they enter the store and officer assistance
- Answer customer questions with a positive, friendly attitude
- Learn store layout and be willing and able to locate any item a customer may need
- Process transactions using point of sale system
- Demonstrate knowledge of store policies and return policies
- Up-sell items to customers when appropriate
Customer Service Associate requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Customer Service Associate requirements
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to make every customer feel welcome and appreciated
- Superior communication skills and teamwork abilities
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
- Previous experience in a retail setting is preferred but not required
- Basic math and cash handling skills
- Proactive and always willing to find a way to help a customer or teammate