Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Credit Controller job summary
Established retail chain seeks a credit controller to join the finance team. This role requires managing debtor accounts, creating policies and procedures to ensure payment, and collecting payments. You should have strong attention to detail and a solid understanding of credit laws and regulations. Superior time management skills are essential for success in this fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate possesses a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a similar field, and has previous experience working in a financial setting.
Credit Controller responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Credit Controller responsibilities
- Develop company policies and protocols for evaluating creditworthiness and collecting debts
- Run credit checks on customers prior to authorizing loans or lines of credit
- Stay up to date on credit laws and regulations and update company policies as needed
- Work with clients to resolve billing disputes and collect outstanding payments
- Negotiate payment terms with clients
- Outsource debt collection of delinquent accounts as needed
Credit Controller requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Credit Controller requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to interpret complex financial documents
- Proficient time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Superior customer service skills and capable of providing a positive client experience under any circumstance
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Previous experience working in accounting or credit control role an asset