Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Cosmetologist job summary
A popular local salon is seeking an experienced cosmetologist to join our team. You will work alongside our team to perform popular cosmetic treatments ranging from manicures and pedicures to waxing procedures and beyond. The ideal candidate has service oriented attitude and knows how to deliver an exceptional client experience. Previous experience working in a salon setting or in a customer-facing role is strongly preferred. A valid cosmetology license is required.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Cosmetologist responsibilities
- Greet all guests with a smile and make them feel welcome
- officer guidance to guests regarding treatment options and officer style suggestions
- Consult with guests prior to treatment in order to understand what they want and determine how to best accommodate them
- Perform salon treatments, manicures, pedicures, waxing treatments and more according to industry standards
- Clean and sanitize work space and equipment in between every treatment
- Up-sell services to guests by listening to their preferences and anticipating their future needs and desires
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Cosmetologist requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must hold a valid cosmetology license
- Excellent customer service skills and able to follow their requests
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience working in a salon setting
- Possess a positive attitude and great communication skills
- Should have an interest in and aptitude for sales