Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Correctional Officer job summary
Correctional facility seeks a full-time correctional officer to monitor offenders and enforce facility rules. You will be responsible for supervising the day to day activities of offenders within the facility as they complete chores, training programs, attend meal times, and more. The ideal candidate is capable of modeling excellent moral behavior and can interact with all offenders professionally. The ideal candidate has a high school diploma, a strong work ethic and can pass a background check and drug test.
Correctional Officer responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Correctional Officer responsibilities
- Monitor day to day activities of all offenders within the facility
- Ensure offenders follow rules and adhere to the policies of the facility at all times
- Conduct pat or strip searches of offenders to ensure they do not possess contraband items
- Perform regular counts of the offenders to ensure everyone is accounted for
- Document any incidents or interactions that offenders are involved in and create reports and daily logs
- Supervise and provide security for cleanup crews and other programs that occur outside of the facility
Correctional Officer requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Correctional Officer requirements
- High School diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Must be able to interact with others professionally in any circumstance
- Should exemplify good moral character and act as a role model