Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Chief of Staff (CoS) job summary
Our not-for-profit hospital is searching for a Chief of Staff to assist the President and CEO with the staffing and administrative needs of our organization. The CoS will prioritize, triage, and coordinate the activities of our executive team ensuring timely follow-up on key leadership activities. The successful candidate will have experience working in administration or leadership capacities in a fast-paced healthcare environment. The Chief of Staff position is a fast-track to the executive leadership team and mentorship opportunities will be available. We need someone who is a solution builder, an individual thinker, and an analytical strategist. Candidates with a master’s degree or experience in a not-for-profit organization will be given preference.
Chief of Staff (CoS) responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Chief of Staff (CoS) responsibilities
- Overseeing the executive leadership team to ensure appropriate follow-up on agreed leadership activities
- Coordinating the activities of the CEO and President, ensuring they stay on task and up-to-date with internal and external priorities
- Draft and disseminate executive communications on behalf of the leadership team
- Collaborating with senior leaders to handle significant and sensitive organizational matters
- Defining and monitoring growth goals and relevant metrics and subsequently reporting key information to executives in an easy-to-understand manner
- Supporting operations, human resources, and performance management
Chief of Staff (CoS) requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Chief of Staff (CoS) requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required - Master’s degree preferred
- 6+ years of experience in a leadership or administrative role
- Experience in a not-for-profit or non-profit organization is preferred
- Unwavering focus on quality results, deadlines, and deliverables
- Confident communicator who is able to persuade and influence others
- Ability to strategically organize people, data, and goals