Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Cashier (Part-Time) job summary
Our fast-growing home goods company is searching for an outgoing, tenacious part-time cashier to provide best-in-class service to our customers. Successful candidates with have 2 years of experience in a cashier or customer service position and will be passionate about home goods, ranging from tableware to furniture. We're looking for enthusiastic personalities who remain calm in fast-paced environments. Our stores can get very busy, so we need a cashier that can perform their role efficiently, while also engaging with customers in a fun and friendly way. An associate’s degree is preferred, but not required. Applicants open to all shifts, including nights and weekends, will receive priority over others.
Cashier (Part-Time) responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Cashier (Part-Time) responsibilities
- Providing customers with up-to-date information on a wide variety of products and services
- Engaging with customers in a fun, friendly, and courteous manner, ensuring customers are blown away by our customer service
- Accurately processing transactions on our point-of-sale (POS) system, including purchases, refunds, and rebates
- Packaging customer’s purchases, ensuring all security tags are removed and all items are safely packaged for transportation
- Proactively promoting sales and promotions by informing customers of deals during checkout
- Performing light housekeeping and administrative tasks, including stocking, price changes, and cart retrievals
Cashier (Part-Time) requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Cashier (Part-Time) requirements
- High school diploma or the equivalent required
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service, cashier, or related role
- Peppy, enthusiastic personality combined with a people-person mentality
- Flexible to changing schedules, tasks and priorities
- Play-by-the-rules attitude with a dedication to following policies and procedures
- Highly-organized, able to multitask both verbal and mental activities