Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Buyer (5+ Years of Experience) job summary
Our innovative sporting goods manufacturing organization is searching for a self-motivated Buyer to purchase equipment, services, supplies, and materials. Successful candidates will have experience sourcing, evaluating, and procuring products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This role involves heavy collaboration with marketing, sales, and finance, so comfortability with cross-functional collaboration is a must. Our company is always looking to push the boundaries in the sporting goods industry, so we are looking for someone with a creative, “think outside of the box” mentality. This role involves supervising others, so we need someone with at least 5 years of buying experience. Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Buyer (5+ Years of Experience) responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Buyer (5+ Years of Experience) responsibilities
- Overseeing the full lifecycle of buying, from inventory through liquidation
- Collaborating with finance, sales, and marketing to support inventoried product assortment
- Conducting extensive pre-season analysis to build forecasts, assumptions, and trends
- Evaluating sporting goods assortments and industry trends to determine additional needs for specific sports
- Maintaining appropriate levels of stock based on customer needs
- Maintaining appropriate levels of stock based on customer needs Determining purchasing quantities to suffice company usage while obtaining the maximum possible discounts
Buyer (5+ Years of Experience) requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Buyer (5+ Years of Experience) requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field is required
- Master’s degree, specifically an MBA, is preferred
- 5+ years of experience buying for a large, multi-location organization
- Excellent mathematics skills, including a strong understanding of margins, markups, and profits
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Knowledge of sports and sporting goods is preferred