Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Bookkeeper job summary
Our company is looking for an expert Bookkeeper to ensure that all of our financial transactions are accurate. The proper candidate will have great analytical and detail oriented skills to ensure that all of the accounting at our company is accurate. A great bookkeeper can make a world of difference and catch mistakes that software could miss. We need a team player that is dedicated to finding our mistakes and rectifying them. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to tackle all of our accounting and make sure everything is accurate.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Bookkeeper responsibilities
- Perform bank account reconciliations
- Issue financial statements
- Maintain the annual budget
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Ensure that vendors are paid
- Issue customer invoices
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Bookkeeper requirements
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Associate's degree in accounting or business administration
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong math skills
- Great verbal and written communication skills