Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Barista job summary
Our shop is in need of a friendly and capable barista that can deliver an exceptional customer experience and take care of customer orders. The right candidate will have the ability to take a customer's order and ensure that it is completely quickly and correctly. A team player is needed for this position to bring the entire shop together and impress customers. The ideal candidate will have experience working in coffee shops and maintaining the highest level of customer service. Creating great coffee is difficult and we need the best barista!
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Barista responsibilities
- Take customer's orders
- Deliver customer's orders quickly and accurately
- Participates in all active sales promotions and plans
- Follows all company procedures and guidelines
- Solves and responds to customer complaints
- Maintains food safety standards
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Barista requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to make connections with customers
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that the shop runs smoothly
- Previous food experience is preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Great customer service skills