Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Accountant job summary
Our quickly expanding law firm is in need of a junior accountant to join our accounting team to assist in accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and other fiscal functions as needed. The qualified candidate will have a strong professional knowledge base in addition to experience using QuickBooks or other accounting software. The idea candidate will have experience working in a professional firm and be adept at working in a team environment reviewing and preparing budgets, forecasts and analyzing complex data and developing a reporting system to share with other business units who are not accountants. A bachelor's degree in accounting is required. Candidates who hold a CPA are preferred.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Accountant responsibilities
- Demonstrate you are current in accounting practices
- Analyze reports with the data provided and officer recommendations to the Lead Accountant
- Able to provide accurate and detailed decision making on key business issues where accuracy and timeliness are key
- Perform data analysis of complex information
- Use accounting software accurately to capture data and create reports
- Identify data entry errors and correct them
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Accountant requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- Proficiency in QuickBooks or other proprietary software
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative team player
- Highly detail oriented and able to identify errors and correct them
- Current knowledge of the accounting field